Attorney Aly R. Brownlee
- Position: Associate
- Phone: 816-307-0404
- Fax: 816-741-8889
- Email: A.Brownlee@Cornerstonefirm.com
- B.A. in Political Science from University of Missouri, 2011
- J.D. from University of Missouri, 2014
- Missouri, 2014
- Federal Court, Western District of MO, 2016
Aly Brownlee is an attorney who is passionate about defending the rights of her clients against criminal prosecution, and specializes in representation for family and domestic cases. Her practice experience includes trials on drug possession, DWI, burglary, assault, divorce, adoption, child custody and support, and guardianship cases. Aly practices both at the municipal and state level in Missouri. She worked as prosecutor in Jackson County, Missouri and spent time taking more than 50 cases through the trial process. Her record includes favorable outcomes in both felony and misdemeanor cases. Aly also clerked for the Honorable Kevin D. Harrell, in Division 18 in the Jackson County Circuit Court.
Graduating from the University of Missouri School of Law in 2014, Aly spent time in the University of Missouri Family Violence Clinic representing clients on state appellate cases with guardianship and adoption issues. Additionally, Aly remained involved as a Director for the Board of Advocates organizing legal competitions for law schools in the region. She was a finalist in several competitions, including Negotiation and Moot Court.
Aly grew up in Kansas City and is pleased to return to her hometown (Go Royals!). In her spare time, she volunteers with Girls On the Run, and acts as a mentor to young women in the community. Aly enjoys running and traveling, and plans to complete her 5th marathon within the next year.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Concentration in Criminal Justice from University of Missouri Law School, 2014
- Certificate in Dispute Resolution from University of Missouri Law School, 2014